Right after my first month I start to notice the following and connect the dots….
- I get a weird zit on my face somewhere
- I find myself nauseous if I lay on my tummy to sleep
- I can’t get comfortable in bed and I realize I have 5 pillows and Mike has 1
- I wake up gagging from a horrible smell, and then realize it’s my own breath!
- I wake up in the middle of the night itchy all over, especially my lower legs!
- I wonder why I’m getting up to go pee in the night again and then realize it’s every 3 hours on the dot. Seriously annoying!
- I find myself protecting my stomach (from accidental bumps from the girls, getting in and out of the car etc.)
- I get really cold really easily and shiver alot
- I can sleep for 12 hours straight (except for getting up every 3 hours to pee) and still crave more sleep
- Then “morning sickness” hits….who ever named it morning sickness by the way?? It’s 24/7 sickness, like having the flu, a stomach ache and mono at the same time
- My friend catches me in the Co-op drinking three different tummy drinks all at the same time…a “good belly” probiotic juice, a “momma Chia seed” drink AND Keifer
- I pep-talk myself past a guy who’s shirt says bacon strips 5 times….”it’s ok, don’t read the shirt, keep breathing and just keep walking….”
- My nose suddenly has super capabilities so that wherever I go, I try not to smell anything. Everything smells repulsive, from the food wafting out of someone’s house as I walk by, to walking into a restaurant or grocery store
- Nothing sounds appealing to eat so I find myself in a constant state of torture….I know I need to eat every hour so I don’t feel so nausious that I can’t eat, but I can’t find anything I want to eat that doesn’t make me feel nausious at the thought of eating it. Bread – nope, candy – nope, fruit – not usually, chips or anything deep fried – gag me. The only thing I enjoy eating on a regular basis is milk.
- For the only time in my life I want to drink multiple glasses of cows milk a day, and night (helps with the nausea, especially at night)
- I have the weirdest, scariest and most vivid dreams, like I’m in a movie theater…and I hate scary movies!
- I start asking questions like “why is God so mean?” and “why can’t the men at least feel a little sick too?” and “If people felt this sick in real life they would be in bed all day!”
- I look around my totally messy house and find I don’t care. It’s called survival mode…just take care of the critical
- I keep looking at the calender wondering how quickly 3 months can pass
- Tears come to my eyes as I thank Mike for all his help as I’m fully aware I couldn’t do this on my own
Yup, this is an official announcement :)…
Lowry Baby #3 will be born if things continue to go this well (hopefully better than these first 3 months) around August 10th 2014.
Our girls are thrilled at the thought of having a baby in our house so that makes it great. We had a dance party when they found out because they were jumping around shouting and hooting for joy! Meanwhile Mike and I would look at each other and get weepy. This pregnancy was not planned and was a complete surprise so it’s a sudden mental shift to think of all the myriad of effects this little one will have on our next year.
We don’t know the gender yet but the ultrasound showed healthy baby this week so that is always a wonderful thing to see!